Foundation Mission Fund Provides Humanitarian Aid
The Foundation’s Mission Fund Committee has approved 24 Vatican-recommended grants, bringing the total for approved grants to $1,800,000 in aid by the Mission Fund through August 30, 2022.
- Ukrainian Relief through the Dicastery of Charity
- Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church’s Patriarchical Curia
- Humanitarian assistance to those affected by Cyclone Ana in Malawi
- Medicine and food for the Metendre Mission Hospital in Zambia
- Food and sanitation kits for 900 families in India
- Restoring a day home for the elderly poor operated by the Carmelite Sisters in Venezuela
- Supporting a diocesan food bank in Colombia
- Medicine and assistance for the poor in Albania
- Medicine and supplies for six medical centers in Peru
- Medical assistance to those most in need at Solidarity Fund of Cáritas Carúpano clinics in Venezuela
- Support for the Missionaries of Charity in Sudan, Papa New Guinea and Congo.
The grant for the UGCC Patriarchal Curia will go towards maintaining Church structures and strengthening institutional capacity so it can better provide large-scale humanitarian assistance and pastoral care in Ukraine during the war. This will include military and medical chaplaincies, social service to people in need, organizing online prayers and supporting the Catholic Crisis Media Center, which provides the international community with the Church’s perspective on the events in the Ukraine.